From: nfc at actwin_com
Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 07:44:57 AM
To: nfc at actwin_com
Subject: Re: NFC: Multi-Tank Filtration Question

Hi Ty
its doable, first just make simple line drawing, I
would spend some time visiting every store in driving
distance and see what others have done. Write Joe and
ask about his system its GOOD!

You want means to remove crud/trash, amonia, kill
organisms (ozone and uv) and a way to get the water
back up, a ceiling manifold pipe is what most use. 2"
pvc in most of the lines, and a pump rated to get your
water turned over several times an hour, thats all the
water. If, the system is less then 20 tanks you might
look into the overflow boxes, they run about $30 ea
wholesale and save drilling tanks, more then 20 tanks
then drill and plumb them with bulkhead fittings and
pvc. 3-4 days will do all of it once you get the racks
built. Right now, pricewise 29Hs and 75s are the most
tanks for the bucks, 30s are almost as expensive as
55s and 55s are too high per gallon compared to the
75s.

Look around and see whats being done, and talk to guys
like Joe. I'll be glad to help on what works and what
doesnt.
jake