Re: NFC: Re: "The Burbs"

It isn't just Southern California...
Take a look at Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tuscon.
Take a look at the rice fields of northern California, the cotton fields of
Central Califonia, the tomatoes out in Yuma - these are all damaging the
environment in one way or another.
Urban sprawl in Georgia and the Carolinas around every lake and river...
Hawaii itself...enough exotics there to ensure mass extinction...
We can go on and on, the problem is sprawl - instead of recycling land -
urban blight areas, we find it easier to go to undeveloped or agricultural
land to build...away from all that.  When I first showed up in San Diego in
66, it was mostly farm and ranch land, and the problems you detail below,
were quite insignificant - that has all changed now.
David