Re: NFC: ellasoma sp.

I've collected Ellasoma in a number of places ranging
from florida to Louisiana.  In florida I found them in
alkaline water near spring outflows in several places
in the panhandle, usually at the margins in leaf
litter.  In Alabama, I found them in black acidic
waters that were stagnant and usually around the base
of bushes.  In Louisiana I found them in the leaf
litter or grasses at the margins of a very cool spring
fed stream that also had blue nose shiners.

Klaus