Re: NFC: Re: Re: Re: Planaria

This has been a very interesting thread to follow, especially in light of
the fact that the apistogramma list to which I subscribe has contained
anectodal evidence that planaria are shunned by fish.  Some posters have
gone so far as to claim that if planaria touch (slime?) any fish food, the
fish will not eat the food.

It looks like the NFC listers' observations are quite the opposite!

A new live food staple is born?

I do have to say that I once had a heavy infestation of tiny white (1-2mm)
worms in a tank that contained a pair of apistogramma Nijsenni and their
fry.  It appeared to me that the fish and 'worms' happily ignored each
other.

I wonder if these worms were planaria or something else?  I did not observe
the diagnostic triangular head on these things, although they were very
small.

tchau,

Scott