NFC: Fw: Fw: FWD:Bluntnose Darter

Here is some noteworthy news:

This fall, Ray Katula (La Crosse, WI) seined an unusual darter in the
Mississippi River at Winona.  He preserved it for me to examine and I
identified it as E. chlorosoma which is listed endangered in Wisconsin.
It
was assumed extirpated in Minnesota until 1997 when Ray and I collected
one
in Pine Creek just upstream of Target Lake (Houston Co.).  Prior to the
1997
collection, the species had not been reported in Minnesota since the
1940s.
The specimen's identification has since been verified by Dr. David Etnier
(University of Tennessee). See email below.  Locality data will be
provided
shortly to the Minnesota Natural Heritage Program.

Konrad