NFC: Fw: A message from Michael Keaton: Save America's longest river

Click here to save America's longest river: www.SaveTheMissouri.org

A message from Michael Keaton:

It is a new year -- a time for new beginnings.

And I believe that in the next two months, we have a chance to make a
positive change and bring about a new beginning for something that is
special to all Americans: our natural environment. Specifically, we
can bring positive change to the Missouri River, which needs your
help today.

Meriwether Lewis wrote from the Missouri River nearly 200 years
ago, "It seemed as if those scenes of visionary enchantment would
never have an end."

Imagine the rolling open country that Lewis and Clark encountered.
Imagine the abundance of fish, the herds of buffalo and flocks of
birds, the wildlife that thrived there.

Unfortunately, the Missouri River today is a mere shadow of its
former glory. Regulated by dams and straitjacketed by levees and
dikes, the river has lost its natural flow -- its "heartbeat."
Several of the river's species are endangered and may go extinct in
our lifetimes.

You can help change that. Please visit www.SaveTheMissouri.org and
tell the Army Corps of Engineers that you want to restore the
Missouri River.

And please help American Rivers spread the word by forwarding this
message to your family, friends, and colleagues.

Wild rivers, open spaces, the frontier: these were key ingredients to
the forming of our great nation and our American spirit. In this new
year, please join me in helping to restore our natural heritage. We
can begin by giving new life to America's longest river.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Michael Keaton

P.S. I'd consider it a personal favor if you would go to
www.SaveTheMissouri.org right now to send your official public
comment to the Corps. With your help we can make a difference.

Actor Michael Keaton is an American Rivers board member

*************************************
Thank you robertrice at juno_com for helping to protect and
restore America's rivers.

To contact American Rivers, send an email to Rebecca
Sherman at outreach at amrivers_org or call 202-347-7550.

To update your information, please visit:
http://amriversaction.ctsg.com/profileEditor

Encourage friends to become online river activists by visiting
http://www.americanrivers.org/takeaction.  To become a member of
American Rivers, visit http://www.americanrivers.org/joindonate

Join the nation's online river community at
http://www.americanrivers.org
for free online resources, toolkits, and ways to unite with other
activists on your important issues.  AOL Keyword: American Rivers

To unsubscribe from this distribution list, reply to this
email (action at action_amrivers.org) and include "remove" in the subject
line.