From: Fishlaine at cs_com
To: president at nativefish_org
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:33:08 EST
Subject: Greater Orlando Aquarium Society

Dear Mr. Rice:
Introducing; Richard C. Smith.  I am a fisheries biologist/zookeeper.  I
work
in the Aviculture Department at SeaWorld.  I was a member of NANFA in the

late 1970s and early 1980s.  I have collected native fish as a hobbyist
and
professional.  It has been a few years since I have collected in Florida
and
I am unfamiliar with any new regulations.  I have a freshwater license
and
have read the very vaige bait regulations.
My friend and fellow member of the Greater Orlando Aquarium Society, Sam
and
I would like to give a talk about native fish collecting and care at our
February 10, 2002, meeting.  I am good at taxonomy and identification.
My
collecting technique in the past has been with seine, dipnet, and raking
aquatic vegetation onto the bank.  I have never collected in or around
Orlando.  We would like to give a talk and then do some brief collecting
with
those interested.  Do you have any suggestions.  I'd like to share
information about NFC and NANFA. Can a society join? Please send advice.

Also, GOAS is always looking for speakers.  Do you or others give talks?
Thank you,
Richard C. Smith               407-850-2569
11730 Broad Oak, CT.         Fax SeaWorld 407-363-2378
Orlando, Fl. 32837                                  attn. Rick Smith
                                        Fishlaine at cs_com