NFC: Parasites

 Thanks, to the people that answered my question about stonerollers and why they're not sold in the pet shop trade. Now to my other question. Some of the fish I have collected this year, my first year collecting, I have noticed some small black spots on them. One small sunfish really has a lot of them, I didn't notice the spots until I put the fish in the tank. The fish in question have been in the tank at least 4 to 6 weeks and no problems. Now I have read that these black , pin head size, spots are a parasite, that really doesn't harm the fish and don't spread from fish to fish. Is this true? and can anything be done to get rid of the them?

                                                                            Terry

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---