NFC: Central stonerollers

Central stonerollers were my first introduction to native fish. I was wading
in a small stream in front of my house with my son and captured a few in an
aquarium net. At the time I thought they were"suckers" or some sort of
"minnow". I got Peterson's guide from the library and from then on I was
hooked! Today I have five aquariums set up in the basement and one at school.
At first my wife thought I was a little odd, but now she sees fish
collecting/study as a good family activity.

Regards,

Kevin S. DeVries

multipart/alternative
  text/html