Re: NFC: establish a breeding colony

Hi Mark
one I am considering is Lepomis paltastes, the
longear,
NYS is one of the few states where they are
threatened.
We also have a couple of darters that are threatened
or extirpated, and one sunfish down in the southeast
that is believed extirpated. And not doing real great
in NJ, the mud sunfish. And of course the ever
favorite, the Lake Sturgeon. On them I am also
wondering if they would be an effective predator on
the juvenile zebra mussel. Much to consider. I may
well be driving on down to see you.
enjoy,
jake