Re: NFC: New Fishes Available

Well according to the rules we were emailed there is no difference. We were
told that actwin.com will not allow any commercial postings of any kind
period. Was this true or not? If it was then we need to due the same things
we did to Chris.

"Chris was warned off-list that commercial postings were off-limits on any
of
the actwin lists, especially a <b>weekly</b> listing.  As such, he has been
unsubscribed from the list.  This ends the thread.  I don't want to see any
the list."

This was what was sent to us back in October about Chris.  Those of us who
are DUE PAYING active members of the NFC were not even allowed to talk about
it. (I for one do not like like being told what I can and can not talk about
by an organization that I pay to be a part of, but that is a different
matter)

This certainly was a commercial post. I am a part of the NFC because I found
it to be a fair group that cared about native fish, unlike the "other
national group" that cares way to much about politics and favoritism. We
need to decide right now what the real policy of this list is going to be
regarding commercial postings. If it is true that commercial postings are
against the rules than we need to take the same steps we did before. If not
than we need to offer a formal apology to Chris and reinstate him. Fair is
fair after all.

But besides the fairness issue the biggest problem I have with this post is
that there are fish on that list that are endangered and protected in
several states. If I were for instance, to order tadpole madtoms, or longear
sunfish I could get into big time trouble with the State of PA. Many of
these fish are also game fish that are way undersized to be legally
possessed in most if not all states. I would not like to explain to the DNR
why I have 3-4 inch bass and walleye in my possession.  Thats not to mention
the many fish listed than are not native but could very easily become
introduced pests. I just see no justification for the NFC being part of
promoting something that violates what we are supposed to be about and that
is the commercial exploitation of native fish that are against the law to
posses.

Thank You For Your Time
Wally

PS Happy Thanksgiving! :-)