From: <vze2y65e at verizon_net>
To: robertrice at juno_com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:28:52 -0600
Subject: Sunfish

Mr. Rice,
I really enjoy your articles and descriptions of our native
fish and living in a NYC apartment, your article about
small natives really got me going - I raise Het. Formosa
in small well planted tank and they thrive. I will be
getting some pygmy everglade sunfish from a very nice
gentleman Mr. Pottern this week. However, your article
on the Orange Spotted sunfish really got me interested
but I have not been able to locate any  or the e.
gloriosus which is also a smaller species. I grew up in
Sout Jersey which is sunfish heaven and we often
raised black-banded and I beleive the e. obesus but
this was 30 years ago and most of those ponds are
shipping centers now - do you know of any sources for
the OrangeSpotted or e. gloriosus? Thanks - have a
good Thanksgiving
Neil Nicastro