NFC: Fw: Forest Service moves to allow destructive mining in Oregon's Siskiyou Region

You can give the public a chance to be heard on the future of the
Siskiyous!

Forest Service Chief Dale Bosworth requested that Secretary of
Interior Gale Norton terminate the mineral withdrawal proposed by
former Secretary Babbitt, for the Forest Service section of the
Siskiyou Wild Rivers area (over 800,000 acres).

If Norton terminates the mineral withdrawal, the Siskiyou Wild Rivers
lands will again be open to mineral exploration and new claims will
be staked.  Also, the public will be robbed of our opportunity to
engage in a process that can let our voices be heard in our efforts
to protect the Siskiyou Wild Rivers from mining.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
There are two ways you can help.

If you are from Oregon, it is especially important that Senators
Wyden and Smith hear from you. Please send an Autofax to Senators
Wyden and Smith, Forest Service Chief Bosworth and Secretary of
Interior Gale Norton from www.siskiyourivers.org/action.

To learn more about the issue, or to just send an email to Norton and
Bosworth from American Rivers' take action center, visit
http://www.americanrivers.org/takeaction/
and select "Siskiyou Wild Rivers..."

Thank you for keeping the Siskiyous wild!

*************************************
Thank you robertrice at juno_com for helping to protect and
restore America's rivers.

To contact American Rivers, send an email to Rebecca
Sherman at outreach at amrivers_org or call 202-347-7550.

To update your information, please visit:
http://amriversaction.ctsg.com/profileEditor

Encourge friends to become an online river activist, by visiting
www.americanrivers.org/takeaction.  To become a member of American
Rivers, visit www.americanrivers.org/joindonate

Join the nation's online river community at www.americanrivers.org
for free online resources, toolkits, and ways to unite with other
activists on your important issues.  AOL Keyword: American Rivers

To unsubscribe from this distribution list, reply to this
email (action at action_amrivers.org) and include "remove" in the subject
line.