Re: NFC: Stunted fish growth again

Terry, Most Bullheads will do quite well in a 38. Some species will eventually outgrow it. Just be sure of exactly what species you have before putting it in the tank. I disagree with some here in that I feel Bullheads are great in an aquarium. They are not messy fish as described. I have Bullheads in almost all of my tanks. They cannot dirty up the water if there is only a gravel bottom. In fact by stirring up the gravel they actually help flush the top layer of mulm so the filters can pick it up.

Ty

nickel55 wrote:

>                                  My question on stunted fish growth brought on a big response. But again, I would like to say in no way am I trying to stunt a fish's growth. I think most people here missed that.
>                                   Yes, maybe those bullheads don't belong in a 38 gallon tank, but some of the response's I got made me feel like I had done something really wrong. It would have been nice to read, "hey now that you have them just see what happens"  Instead one post that comes to mind is " a stunted fish is a dead fish" Well tell me, when can I expect these two fish to expire. Any day, a month from now , a year,  three to five years. I'll tell you what, these fish are going to be around a while, a long while, and if they get too big and nasty for my tank, I'll find some one that has bigger tank to take them, or a back yard pond. See, that is called hope. That is called learning from a "mistake" and trying to make it right Or should I just cut they're heads off because they're "dead" anyway. I think if I knew for sure the were suffering I would but somebody better tell these two bad boys they're sick because they sure don't know it.
>                                                                                 Terry

> multipart/alternative
>   text/html
> ---