NFC: Fundulus notatus

Hello....While camping here in Jackson County Illinois over a month ago at
a local lake.  My 8 year old son was fishing and by chance caught about 20
adult and juvenile Fundulas notatus. He was using a hook and worms for
bluegill and the notatus would grab on to the worm and not the hook. He
would reel them in and hold them over a bucket and shake the reel and
they would let go and fall into the water.  I took them home and put them in
one of my small ornamental ponds and so far they are doing great!!
Mike Bernardoni