Re: NFC: Shjipping of fish

BHodgkiss43 at aol_com wrote:

> I ask the post office about this and does this put me out of business and
> said no it means you don't write live fish on the box and they won't bother
> them

This has received a lot of discussion on the killitalk list.

USPS had an air carrier (NE) that tried to jack their price up 100% on
live stuff, and the USPS regulations prohibit that kind of price
discrimination. They have been dickering, since, but all post offices
have been notified to refuse live shipments, for now.

The temporary expedient is to not mark the box, and lose the usual tlc
the postal folks normally give them en route.

Wright

--
650 856-4245 879 Clara Dr., Palo Alto, CA 94303. jwwiii at pacbell_net

Don't question authority. It rarely has good answers.

Follow-Ups: References: