Re: NFC: fish euthanasia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Perry" <fishystuff00 at hotmail_com>
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: NFC: fish euthanasia

> Ok, well,  This is what I've read in books to do.  I personally stick them
> in the freezer.  Can't stand to slam a fish against the wall.  I also
meant
> to put it back into the stream where he got it!  No need to be so nasty
> about it...

No offense intended, Chris.  Still, it is not a good idea to replace the
fish even into the stream from which it came.  There is a realistic danger
of introducing foreign pathogens into that watershed.  Professional
fisheries biologists have lots of equipment and money, and rigorous
procedures, to insure their fishes are disease free.  The rest of us don't.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
I think someone should have had the decency to tell me the luncheon was
free.
To make someone run out with potato salad in his hand, pretending he's
throwing up, is not what I call hospitality.

Follow-Ups: References: