From: American Rivers <action at action_amrivers.org>
To: robertrice at juno_com
Date: Fri,  7 Sep 2001 16:02:49 -0400 (EST)
Subject: Which of these rivers is not like the others?

Help us Save The Missouri at http://www.SaveTheMissouri.org
Hi,

Like most people, I enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and boating or
just enjoying the view when I visit a river. But one of our nation's
most famous rivers, the Missouri River, is in trouble.
Did you know the Missouri River - the "Mighty Mo" - is the longest
river in America?

It's also the river that carried Lewis and Clark west on their
historic journey. But today, Missouri River fish and game are
imperiled and some native species even face extinction.
That's why we're launching an Internet campaign to tell the Army
Corps of Engineers and the Bush administration to restore the Mighty
Mo's heartbeat and save the river's fish and wildlife!
Will you help? Just click here to send a free email:

http://www.SaveTheMissouri.org

Right now, dams on the Missouri River are preventing the natural rise
and fall of water levels in order to support a miniscule amount of
barge traffic.

To save the Missouri River, the Army Corps must change dam operations
to allow more natural river flows. This would not only help fish and
game and endangered species; it would help local communities by
boosting recreation and tourism.

Today, you have a rare opportunity to tell the Army Corps and the
Bush administration to do the right thing.

It only takes a minute to help. And if you forward this message to
your friends and family, we'll really get the ball rolling.
Thanks for your help,

Rebecca Wodder
President
American Rivers

http://www.SaveTheMissouri.org is a project of American Rivers and is
supported by conservation groups throughout the Missouri River Basin.

*************************************
Thank you robertrice at juno_com for helping to protect and
restore America's rivers.

To contact American Rivers, send an email to Rebecca
Sherman at outreach at amrivers_org or call 202-347-7550.

To update your information, please visit:
http://amriversaction.ctsg.com/profileEditor

Encourge friends to become an online river activist, by visiting
www.americanrivers.org/takeaction.  To become a member of American
Rivers, visit www.americanrivers.org/joindonate

Join the nation's online river community at www.americanrivers.org
for free online resources, toolkits, and ways to unite with other
activists on your important issues.  AOL Keyword: American Rivers

To unsubscribe from this distribution list, reply to this
email (action at action_amrivers.org) and include "remove" in the subject
line.