From: owner-nfc at actwin_com [mailto:owner-nfc at actwin_com]On Behalf Of
jake levi
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 3:41 PM
To: nfc at actwin_com
Subject: RE: NFC: New tank cycle

You are right in an established tank, but, in a new
tank the bulk of the denitrifying bacteria are at the
top of the substratum level. As the tank 'matures'
they are found throughout the tank. This was first
observed in Spottes books some 30 years ago. Hasnt
changed.

Most aquarium test kits are inacurate.

jake
also keeping fish since the 50s and MS in Fisheries.