Re: NFC: Re: LIVE FOOD

     Actually I had most of the problems you suggested
as possible . My neighbors fogged their place with
insect killer about 1/4 mile away but I could smell it
strongly and had a little panic attack . Covered the
tank and they seemed to suffer no lasting problem
.When I first placed the tank it was in mostly shade .
Just before the 100+ temps the sun had moved in the
sky to put the tank in mostly sun .I took the hint and
moved the tank back inside . Before that though a
rainstorm overflowed the tank and several minnows
followed the flow . When the weather did cool they
went back outside . In the moderately hot weather
letting algae cover a lot of the glass and adding
duckweed seemed to make them comfortable . Duckweed in
my daphnia pools seemed to reduce production but
before the duckweed was added the daphnia tuned a
stressed red in the heat . After duckweed they
returned to more normal colors . I think they would
have totally crashed without it . Not a very
scientific observation though .
      Long ago I had a simple dug and plastic lined
pond in Wisconsin with a light over it for leftover
fishing minnows and little "sunfish" and anything the
neighborers dropped in after fishing trips . On a
summer evening I would set out by the pond and watch
fish leap out of the water to catch the bugs . Very
relaxing .

=====