Re: NFC: Native/Temperate plants

She might try sagittaria, vallisneria, hornwort, elodea, bacopa.  All hardy
plants, all easily available, either in local waters, from a lfs or via
mailorder.

One of the good things about hornwort is that it doesn't usually root in the
aquarium, and it's tough, so it's hard for fish to mess it up real badly.
And, in my opinion, it looks pretty good!

All the plants listed above are very inexpensive, as well.

One the mailorder vein, I'm hearing good things about this business, no
minimum, excellent service.  Haven't yet patronized them but hope to soon!

http://aquaticplantdepot.com/index.html

Best,

Scott