Re: NFC: Aquabid all the way!

Title: Re: NFC: Aquabid all the way!
I like both ways, but what Wally is saying here makes sense - there are VERY few folks listing natives on AquaBid - we have one that does it regularly, but if we did our auction there "WITH" a photo from the NFC database of that species, I think you will have yourselves a real winner - more interest in the native fishes and more funds coming into the NFC to support additional programs in support of native fishes.df
David

From: "Wally Billingham" <wallybillingham at wallybillingham_com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:33:32 -0400
To: <nfc at actwin_com>
Subject: NFC: Aquabid all the way!

I would think that on aquabid it would be better for several reasons,

#1)More exposure for The NFC. There are a lot of people that visit aquabid that don't know about the NFC and we may get some new members from the exposure.

#2)More people means the bids get higher and so the NFC gets more money.

#3)Aquabid has a very good auction system with feedback ratings and the like already in place so you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Maybe we could get a special page just for the NFC auctions. This might even be a good idea to have a "charity" auction board as a permanent feature of aquabid. Other Not-for-profit groups like aquarium clubs could use it on a rotating and reserved basis. This would bring more interest to the clubs and more visitors to aquabid its a win win situation.

Wally