RE: NFC: RE: Time for an Auction....

Aquabid is fine with me.

And, I'm for a public auction personally, because of the exposure.
And a Free membership with $17.00 or above winning bid is a nice idea
as well.  I think it should apply to all members too as well as
prospective new members.

Instead of making the auction on the NFC LIST a every so often thingy,
just encourage members to post auctions on the board at their will.

Thoughts on continuous auctions :

Members wishing to auction of items for NFC donations will need to go
to www.aquabid.com and register.  Might as well post an item or two
and tell us about it.
Of course Rules for Aquabid will need to apply.
Standard rules for NFC should apply, what ever they are, such as a
portion of proceeds be sent to the NFC when sale is complete.
Overall management on the HONOR SYSTEM?  (my opinion is yes, but, I
suspect that auctions would be easy enough to watch, but keeping track
of actual donations is most important.)
Checks sent in donation to NFC needs to carry item # on it, then the
Treasurer can keep track simply by recording the check, who it's from,
item number and amount :)
I would allow list members to email their auctions to the list, so
members can be made aware of such auctions.  So, just items would be
mentioned on the list!

Well, I'll sign up and setup a couple of items with Daphnia and algae
and let you know what happens... All to the NFC minus
shipping/handling,

I do see Charles A's point of view too.  So, how about, one more
regular NFC auction, and regardless, Aquabid becomes the home of NFC
Auctions at large...

Prelim NFC Auction :

NATIVE FISH CONSERVANCY AUCTION (MANUAL ADDITION)
START: SATURDAY, 090101 at 12:01 AM
END: SATURDAY 090701 at 11:59 AM
BIDS are made by email to mailto:nfc at actwin_com and use the item # to
place a bid on that item.
Seller's are responsible to receive payments from winning Bidders, and
forward donation to NFC.
Reports of bids will occur once a day.

Items presently posted:
100% to the NFC Price Includes delivery...

ITEM #1  (1) 2lb worm pack includes delivery retail $28.95 (100% to
the NFC Price Includes delivery...)

Item # 2 (1) Hardcover Book brand new Inland Fisheries ecology and
management retail
$129 isbn# 92-5-104545-3 (100% to the NFC Price Includes delivery...)

Item #3 (1) Lot of 10 Blue Gill(They're suppose to be anyway) 1" to 2
" Average size.  Minimum Bid $10.00.  Shipping and handling
responsibility of buyer -  $5.50 box + actual shipping charges for at
least 2 day delivery either FedEx or UPS to your location.  (all
proceeds to NFC minus Shipping & box)

Item #4 (1) Plankton Start up kit:
Including Daphnia magna starter culture, 200 micron screen with
handmade sieve, powdered plankton feed, and eye dropper.  Minimum bid
$8.95 - price includes shipping.  (all proceeds to NFC minus Shipping)

70/30 Split 70 being the seller items....

Please submit your Auction items ASAP :)

Feel free to add/donate items....
Sachs Systems Aquaculture
1185 Thompson Bailey Road
St. Augustine FL  32084

PHONE:  (904) 824 - 6308
ICQ  :  4216428
EMAIL:  Mailto:Deano at AquacultureStore_com
web  :  http://www.AquacultureStore.com