From: "Mullins, Jason" <jmullins at ingr_com>
To: robertrice at juno_com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:59:09 -0500
Subject: Darters for a breeding program

Robert:

My name is Jason Mullins.  I am currently collected several pairs of
various
darters for captive breeding.  I am in the process now of obtaining the
proper information and required permits to collect the endangered
Vermillion
darter in a 2 mile stretch of a tributary about an hour south of me here
in
Alabama.  This specimen is exquisite and would be a real tragedy to lose
forever.  I hope to successfully re-introduce captive bred Vermillions
into
this and other waterways.  Currently, I am breeding Etheostoma nigrum,
Etheostoma caeruleum, the experience has proved very beneficial as I
learn
more everyday.  While attending college in Blacksburg, VA, I successfully
bred Percina roanoka, which is a local species from where I grew up in
Virginia.
Any advice would be appreciated, and also please let me know if you are
willing to part with any darters you currently have.

Thanks,
Jason