Re: NFC: Re: California fish

Chris is right.  As near as I can tell, this is pretty much true of any
state from the Rocky Mountain front west (Oregon may be an exception).  Too
bad, but, like me, you're probably going to have to resolve yourself to
keeping natives from other U.S. regions.  Not a big problem to me, because
most of the fish that I'm interested in are from the eastern half of the
country, anyway!

Well, except for a colorful species of sculpin that I once caught while
fishing the California aqueduct.  I never bothered to id it, but it had a
bright orange-red border on the dorsal fin.  Very nice.  Very much
off-limits....strange to think that I could have legally killed it and fed
it to my flowers, but I couln't keep it alive in an aquarium.  Oh, and then
there are the desert pupfish...and the Sacramento perch...and one or two
species of estuarine surfperch...

Best,

Scott