Re: NFC: predator or scavenger?

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Kristine Weisbrod Massin wrote:
> Are crawfish predators or scavengers?

They are opportunistic feeders, I would say. While they mostly scavenge,
they might pick up a fish that swam by too lazily.

The one that I have hasn't touched the dace it shares the tank with ...
yet.

It would also depend on how aggresive the species is.
They are very entertaining to watch. I would recommend then.

Will they eat darters? Sure - if the darter cannot move fast enough.
But, all darters I have seen in the wild are pretty quick.

--
Sajjad Lateef   email: sajjad <at> acm.org
Chicago, IL     web: http://www.lateef.org/sajjad/