Re: NFC: Eagle Parts was RE: Auctions OT ?

--- Scott Olson <olson7 at hotmail_com> wrote:
> "Boo" illustrates precisely why I cannot understand
> the leftist mentality.
> If one advocates the freedom to, say, pick up
> natural refuse (bird feathers)
> for one's personal use, then that must be the same
> as saying that it's okay
> to shoot raptors?  This moral equivalence just don't
> hang with me!

I am sorry, Scott. I do not mean a moral equivalence.
A possession ban only strengthens a no-take law. These
birds' status has been so marginal for a long time,
their protection has necessitated strong measures. I
do not revel in this prohibition. It is only making
the best of a bad situation. Of course, many hawks
today are recovered. But not all.

Boo Radley, Saraland, Alabama