Re: NFC: Eagle Parts was RE: Auctions OT ?

"Boo" illustrates precisely why I cannot understand the leftist mentality.
If one advocates the freedom to, say, pick up natural refuse (bird feathers)
for one's personal use, then that must be the same as saying that it's okay
to shoot raptors?  This moral equivalence just don't hang with me!

I think it's acceptable to arrest people who shoot protected species and
fine the socks off 'em.  Throw 'em in jail for a day or so, if you must.
Fine.  Do that.  But don't then go ten miles further than necessary in your
zeal to achieve your aims, and begin punishing people who innocently pick up
a feather, for crying out loud.

Maybe the problem with the left is that they don't understand when they have
passed the bounds of propriety and entered the zone of the absurd (the
"Twilight Zone"?).

Best,

Scott