Re: NFC: RE: Auctions OT ?

Unfortunately many 'environmentalists' have little to
no real knowledge of the environment and are just on
their 'kick of the day'.

I recall all too well back in the 70s trying to scrape
up volunteers to do stream surveys from Ohio State but
they literally were all too busy doing 'save the
whale' and other demonstrations . Meanwhile practicing
their own inimitable maximum conspicuous consumption
lifestyles.

Environmentalism has become a liberal sacred cow that
has little to no real relationship with the
environment, and overal I think that the sportsmen are
more solidly based on the important environmental
issues, unfortunately, for too many if it cant be
harvested it has no relevence to their view of the
environment. So NYS spends millions on maintaining
trout and zilch on darters, or even, stranger to me,
zero effort to restore species extirpated from
original habitat even when it is doable.

Its a strange world that we live in.

jake

--- Wally Billingham