Re: NFC: Question for membership man

In a message dated 7/22/01 1:09:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
robertrice at juno_com writes:

> just sent in a couple hundred checks that were sitting in my desk lost
>  under a pile ...Sorry your was probably amongst them. After I enter
>  people into the database I set their checks aside until i get significant
>  number. in this case I set them aside packaged them and buried them :)
>
>  They should clear through in the next bank cycle.
>
>  Sorry for the screw up

Too bad, I was going to work you a deal.  Maybe we can anyway.  I saw 4
copies of North American Native Fishes for the Home Aquarium by David
Schleser in the discount rack at a bookstore today.  In exchange for my dues,
I would've bought them for the auction.  We still could.  I'll buy them if
the club will reimburse me ($16 plus 8% tax).  I don't remember what I paid
for my copy but it was more than $4.  I'll buy them if you think the club can
make a profit.

Jack Lehman, Austin TX
Don't sweat the petty things,
and don't pet the sweaty things