NFC: pond liners

I finally talked my husband into putting a small pond in our back yard
(well, actually we flipped a coin).

Does anyone have any suggestions for cheaper pond liners than sold at Home
Depot, greenhouses, pond supply houses.  For a 10' pond I'm looking at
nearly $300 just in the liner.  Ouch!

Keep in mind that I'm in Denver, so I need a pond a minimum of 4' deep and
of pretty decent size to keep in from freezing in the winter, even with a
pump.

Does anyone know if visquine plastic is toxic to fish?  I can get reams of
that stuff.

thanks,
kris