Re: NFC: ID of Some Fish

Greetings

I have to offer an opinion of Pimephales on your unknown.  I'd suggest
looking at descriptions of the bullhead minnow, Pimephales vigilax.  It
seems to be in the area in question and the pictures show a strong
basicaudal spot.  Check for crowded predorsal scales and I think you've
got your answer.

Sincerely

Morgan Raley

begin:vcard
n:Raley, Ph.D.;Morgan E.
tel;fax:(919) 715-2294
tel;work:(919) 733-7450 ext. 779
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.naturalsciences.org
org:North Carolina State Museum of Natural Sciences;Research and Collections
adr:;;Research Laboratory;4301 Reedy Creek Road;Raleigh, NC  27607;;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Morgan.Raley at ncmail_net
title:Research Associate
fn:Morgan E. Raley, Ph.D.
end:vcard