NFC: ZM

Additional fractional cents worth:

Most likely the ZM will follow the pattern of 99% of aquatic
creatures.
If it devastates it's food source (EI makes water pristine eating all
zooplankton/phytoplankton), ZM will die back until the food source is
plentiful again.

AS far as salinity tolerance:   Could be the little buggers 'clam up
for a week' ride a  boat and bingo! transplanted population.  I'll bet
they can take some salinity - wouldn't venture a guess, but bunches of
organisms can take a few thousand parts and show no signs of stress,
so strictly fresh water is almost always a plus or minus Parts per
thousand salinity.  Some organisms can go full sea water strength for
periods of time....... mussel for thought :)

Paul

From Josh: The mussel grows and grows and grows, filtering out
organic matter as a food source.  This is typically phtyo and
zooplankton.
As has been mentioned a few times, yes, they will remove pollutants,
but
will also remove much of the micro-foods located in the water.

Sachs Systems Aquaculture
1185 Thompson Bailey Road
St. Augustine FL  32084

PHONE:  (904) 824 - 6308
ICQ  :  4216428
EMAIL:  Mailto:Deano at AquacultureStore_com
web  :  http://www.AquacultureStore.com