Re: NFC: crayfish in Adopt-A-Tank

I kept 6 in a 72 gallon tank with bluegills.  They
seemed to do well for a while. Some did "escape". I
found one upstairs (from the tank)in an empty room.  I
figured it crawled out of the tank via the hoses from
my filter and the dog got it and played with it for a
while before he got bored.  The crawdad made it under
the door to the unoccupied room and died of
dehydration.
One of the others got "stuck" during a molt. The
bluegills did not bother them much as they were "big"
in comparison to the fish. I did provide cover and a
good variety of food.  Caught them regularly doing the
"wild thing" in the tank so the environment seemed to
be good enough to allow for reproduction though
environment does not necessarily have to be good to
trigger mating... LOL! I like keeping them and will do
so again as soon as I set the tank up again as I moved
recently.   Sam