Re: NFC: salinaty torlorances of darters?

 Of the commercial
> products I always liked
> Quick Cure, which is formalin based as I recall.
> Anyway good luck.

quick cure is a combination of formalin and malachite
green, which is the active ingredient in other ich
cures like rid ich and ich out.  The formalin speeds
up the treatment process and you only need to treat
two days instead of three.  I have used it on tetras
and armored catfish like cories without any negative
effects.  I have found midwestern darters able to
withstand temps up to 82 without any negative effects
provided that the water is clean and well aerated.  At
85 they go into a decline, I wouldnt recommend it.

Klaus