Re: NFC: salinaty torlorances of darters?

Hi!

You mentioned your pH in your post.  Have you done any water test to check
your other water quality parameters.  If you haven't already done so I would
test ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.  While you most likely introduced the ick
to your tank with the addition of a new fish, ick is capable of forming
dormant cyst that become active when environmental conditions are right.  A
healthy fish has a much higher resistance to disease (including parasites)
due to a thick healthy slime coat.  When a fish becomes stressed, which can
happen when water quality is poor they are much more susceptible to illness.
Not to mention it is very hard to effectively treat your fish when water
quality is off balance.  So if you haven't already tested....test now.  If
you have then continue treatment.  Of the commercial products I always liked
Quick Cure, which is formalin based as I recall.  Anyway good luck.

Guy

In a message dated 6/16/2001 11:07:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,