NFC: Fw: Lake Levels Stabilize! and more...

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BoatersDream News<list at boatersdream_com>
To: president at nativefish_org
Date: 11 Jun 2001 00:06:55 -0400
Subject: Lake Levels Stabilize! and more...

Welcome to www.BoatersDream.com "News You Can Use" Issue #2. This
newsletter gives you current news, stories and articles that make
boating,
fishing and sailing on the Great Lakes more enjoyable and safe.

-

GENERAL BOATING NEWS

LAKE LEVELS STABILIZE WITH WET SPRING!
Measurements by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
indicate that while the Great Lakes aren't rising, they won't drop to
their record lows as some have predicted.

To read the entire article click here:
http://www.boatersdream.com/libarticles.cfm?ArticleID=387

TOXIC ALGAE RETURNS TO LAKE ERIE
A thick layer of vibrant blue-green sludge on a lake is a sign of
trouble.
The sludge is a bloom of toxic algae that can sicken people and kill
animals if they drink it. This blue-green algae used to be a big problem
on Lake Erie during the 1970s. Tight pollution laws helped bring it under

control, but now the algae is back in western Lake Erie.

To Read the entire article click here:
http://www.boatersdream.com/libarticles.cfm?ArticleID=390

-

GREAT LAKES POINTS OF INTEREST
This Month's Events -Festivals around the Great Lakes
http://www.boatersdream.com/findevents.cfm?areaqty=100&EventType=1

BOATING DESTINATIONS - Great places to make the best of your time on the
water!
http://www.boatersdream.com/destinations_main.cfm

-

FISHING "THIS WEEK"

FISHING TIPS AND TRICKS:

TIPS ON SELECTING DOCKS FOR BASS
There are times when fishing for Bass under docks is the most productive
way to catch them.
1)If bass do not bite your worm or lizard on the bottom, they may be
suspended. Use a jerk bait, crank bait or spinner bait that runs where
you
can just barely see it. Get very close to the dock. This can also work on

floating docks.
2)The best docks are old and wooden and have many cross braces under
water.
Click here for more:
http://www.boatersdream.com/libarticles.cfm?ArticleID=269

Fishing Reports - Salmon/Trout and Coho, Bass & Walleye.
http://www.boatersdream.com/fishing_report.cfm

FISHING HUMOR FOR THE WEEK:

I'M ASHAMED!
"I'm ashamed of the way we live," a young wife said to her lazy husband
who refused to find a job and instead just fished and hunted all the
time.
"My father pays our rent. My mother buys all of our food. My sister buys
our clothes. My aunt bought us a car. I'm just so ashamed."  The husband
glared over at her as he thumbed through the Cabelas catalog,.........
For more click here:
http://www.boatersdream.com/libarticles.cfm?ArticleID=374

TODAY'S RECIPE:

Whole Salmon Au Gratin
http://www.boatersdream.com/fishing_recipe.cfm?RecipeID=41

-

PORTS OF CALL:

COLLINGWOOD A GEORGIAN BAY RETREAT
Gently nestled between the hills of Blue Mountain and the southern shores

of Georgian Bay, this history rich community is noted for its charm and
versatile lifestyle. Collingwood is a deep water port on Georgian Bay and

is bordered by the Niagara Escarpment. This is the same escarpment which,

600 kilometers to the south separates Lake Erie and Lake Ontario at
Niagara Falls, and 100 kilometers to the north gently declines into the
waters of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay only to reemerge - several islands
later - as Manitoulin Island. To read more click below:
http://www.boatersdream.com/libarticles.cfm?ArticleID=197

RECOMMENDED LINKS

BoatersDream Used Boat Listings
http://www.boatersdream.com/findboats.cfm

Find over 200 Great Restaurants including descriptions and directions
http://www.boatersdream.com/findrestaurant.cfm

-

Note: You received this BoatersDream.com newsletter because you have
expressed an interest in Boating, Fishing, or Sailing with the
BoatersDream.com site or one of its partners.  We respect your privacy.
If
you do not wish to receive news from BoatersDream, please click below.
http://www.boatersdream.com/removeme.cfm?e=president at nativefish_org

-