Re: NFC: Water Moccassin attack....

Robert, I was in Oklahoma looking about in the shallows of Caw Lake for crayfish a few years back and as I was shuffling along intent upon seeing thru the early morning reflections from the water's surface, my peripherial vision caught something very white next to my leg.  Sure enough, it was a water moccassin semi-coiled and with its white maws open in warning.  My early morning grogginess melted away as my heart rate nearly redlined from the surprise.  It never gave an inch and although I was inclined to see what it would look like as a hat band, I passed on that idea on that particular ocassion and detoured around it and continued searching for crayfish.

Bruce Scott
Meridian, Idaho