Re: NFC: Sort of off topic: osage orange

On 10 May 2001, at 15:02, BR0630 at aol_com wrote:

> Hi, Martin
> I'm travelling to southern Iowa the second week of June to visit my Mom and should be able to find you some hedge seedpods.  My Grandad had fence lines of hedge when I was a kid - no wire or anything else except gates and it held all of his livestock in!  They cut it down when my Grandad
retired and sold the place to move to town.  Also, I have an awesome hedge carving from a fellow Iowan that is of an old mountain man.  I started  about 100 seedlings in pots a couple of years ago and then neglected keeping them watered & lost them all, but they readily germinate, so growing them
shouldn't be difficult.

Thanks, Bruce.  From what I hear it takes only 3 years to make an
impenetrable hedge.  This was what they did before barbed wire
came onto the scene.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS