Re: NFC: tree bleed

I have a love for Java-moss and Java-fern-covered wood in my planted tanks.
I have found no decent substitute for long soaking to reduce the emission of
tannins, etc.

Bleaching can do surface damage that leaves the surface "fuzzy" and lacking
the beautiful deep grain.

I have used everything from my hot tub to my daphnia barrels for soaking,
and after a few weeks, the emission of brown stuff is so low you never see
it with proper water changes.

There's no such thing as too many water changes.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntley1 at home_com

       "Strike any key to continue..."
            How? My stupid keyboard doesn't even have an "any" key!