NFC: Fw: April Flowers! nothing! Where did the Rain go? Come to think of it, where did APRIL go?

April may not be one of my all time remembrances.  It went by so
quickly my head is still spinning.  Since the country is warming up
(dare I say) to summer, cultures should be put into spots that get
even moderate sun.  They'll become harder to manage if allowed to
cook!  For most sizable bodies of water, temperature is not a problem
usually, but in tubs, glass containers and such, it can be serious.
Algae cultures will show quick die offs if left to too much
heat/sun...  Daphnia will grow hoods to help dissipate the heat... if
your daphnia start wearing helmets, then the culture is getting hot!
So, in planning your culture needs, use alcoves, ledges, and areas
that get some sun, but not brutal :)  You may find micro algal
cultures will do nicely in 'indirect' sun as well....

--------------------------------------
RESEARCH DEPARTMENT
--------------------------------------
FW Rotifers production notes :  Air on FW rotifers in the 50 - 60
bubbles/min range is very helpful in production.  If one keeps a
steady feeding at  AM and PM intervals, a beautiful feeding density
occurs.... then siphon them into a 50 micron sieve, rinse into a bowl
with algae/feed in it... allow the Rotifers to eat for a bit (5
minutes?) then feed them to your little new hatched fish larvae...
YUM.  Some people like to rinse them again from the algae water before
feeding them to larvae, but I find algae helps "sweeten" tank water -
personally :)

Thanks to Al Zelin for sending me some information on Daphnia (general
plankton information).

The information pages are being updated.  Flashes will come as soon as
pages are up.  New news on daphnia magna, ceriodaphnia dubia, brine
shrimp, fresh water rotifers, salt water rotifers, general fish
keeping, and a neat program the Native Fish Conservancy is doing -
Adopt-a-Tank program!

--------------------------------------
SALES DEPARTMENT
--------------------------------------
http://www.aquaculturestore.com/specials.html

rotifers-FW Fresh Water rotifers 200 mls culture - Packed with
rotifers! $11.90 includes 2-3 USPS shipping. Shipping 2-3 USPS
included Shipping 2-3 USPS included $11.90

hof1 Book by FRANK HOFF - $14.98!  Conditioning,Spawning and Rearing
of Fish with Emphasis on Marine Clownfish REGULAR PRICE = $24.98! Save
$10 Shipping included! Only one left at this price, price includes
USPS shipping  $14.98

cd60 Ceriodaphnia dubia starter 60 (double the normal) = 12.95 and
includes 2-3 day USPS shipping. Nice Starter Culture! Good for FW
larval fish, small fish, and invertebrates. Price includes shipping
USPS $12.95

swr200 Salt water Rotifer starter culture = 200 mls of packed SW
rotifer culture - $11.95 includes 2-3 day USPS shipping. Packed with
Rotifers! Great for Coral, Larval fish (like clowns), and many other
small mouths :) Price includes shipping USPS $11.95

mw100 Microworms - 100 ml pasty concoction of little worms! Shipping &
handling included. These little worms are easy to keep, and great for
larval fish! $10.00

css1 (SW)Live Common Shore Shrimp are on sale now: 1 inch of kewl,
lively, "tasty" shrimp for your fish or just fun :) base price of
$0.15 each, Sold in lots of 200 shrimp! Order 2 or more Lots of 200
and save on shipping because you get more animals and shipping price
stays the same...Just $35.00!
Great for seahorses, small fish like flounder, lion fish... anything
with a mouth! $35.00 Shipping and Handling $30.00 per lot of 200

Go to our Specials page at www.aquaculturestore.com/specials.html to
learn more!

Until Next Time...
Paul Sachs ;)
Sachs Systems Aquaculture
1185 Thompson Bailey Road
St. Augustine FL  32084

PHONE:  (904) 824 - 6308
ICQ  :  4216428
EMAIL:  Mailto:Deano at AquacultureStore_com
web  :  http://www.AquacultureStore.com