NFC: Fw: AAT Aquarium equipment

FYI

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mark d domanowski <mdd725 at juno_com>
To: president at nativefish_org

Hello, I received a filter and 2 powerheads from Marineland. I had my
students set them up in two of our native aquariums. They then learned
the difference between mechanical and biological filtration. We also
studied taxonomy and the relationship of biotic and abiotic factors.
Several of them were so enthusiastic that they have set up their own
aquariums at home. Since i teach at a public alternative school I am
always looking for non-traditional approaches to teaching. This thematic
unit has captured the interests of all and thus far has been a huge
success. Thanks to NFC and the adopt-a-tank program for making this an
enjoyable and student motivating experience. A full report with details
will follow.
Mark D.Domanowski