Re: NFC: Garter Snakes

to add to the don't stomp argument, most states have laws designating snakes
& other reptiles (as well as many species of fish) as non-game wildlife.
With that designation, unless they are a serious immediate threat to human
safety (ie, non-venomous will never qualify) or property (eating all your
newly hatched chicks or fry from your pond), they cannot legally be harmed.
Some states designate rattlesnakes as a game species which ironically gives
them stronger protection in some cases.

If you live in Denver, I'll come move snakes for you any time you want.  (I
not only breed snakes--though we're downsizing--but part of my job is taking
snakes into schools & civic groups and educating people about them)

-k