Re: NFC: Garter Snakes

Jake,

  I can understand your dislike of snakes, I have it to.  But do me one
favor friend.  Please don't stomp 'em just cause you don't like them.  If,
as you say they are were "they don't need to be"...as in pose an immediate
threat to life and limb, I can understand having to remove them.  But
otherwise, the snake is only doing his job, you may not like him, but
would you like to be over run with rodents instead?  Mr. Snake, however
much he gives me the 'creepie crawlies' needs his space too...as does all
our wildlife, aquatic or not.  Please consider that.  Thank you.

 And btw, if you know someone who can wrangle snakes, even if Mr. Snake is
somewhere he don't need to be, he can be removed without it costing him
his life.  This is especially necessary in the U.S. where many snake
species (venemous and non-venemous) populations are crashing.

 ...for more information on this visit the Center for North American
Herpetology,  formerly known as the Center for North American Amphibians
and Reptiles.  I believe it is a link on the NFC links page. (and if
it ain't, it should be!  hint hint hint)

Thank you,

Luke