Re: NFC: Garter Snakes

In a message dated 2/22/2001 2:53:51 PM Central Standard Time,
robertrice at juno_com writes:

<< I am particularly looking for some Texas and western species but am
 always on the lookout for a pretty snake. >>
Have you ever seen the Texas garter snake?  Black head, yellow and deep blue
banding.  Usually catch two or three a year in the backyard.  Could never get
them to feed in captivity (Son keeps pythons, so we kinda know what we're
doing) so we always let them go, but you may have better luck.

Jack

p.s. Found my NFC dues renewal on my desk today, so its finally on its way.