From: Noturus at aol_com
To: president at nativefish_org
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:08:41 EST
Subject: madtom article

Hey Robert,

Just read your FAMA article on madtoms. Good job!

We have had quite a bit of luck with madtom spawning and rearing over the

past year! Finally, I might add! What started out with hormone injections
the
year before (with limited results) has progressed to spawning without
hormones. Right now, there are too many factors to isolate what might
have
allowed us to turn the corner on this. Heavy conditioning....maybe a
finer
sandy substrate....maybe just luck and persistance!

Anyway, we've successfully spawned and reared brindled madtoms, mountain
madtoms and, our crowning achievement, pygmy madtoms! We've had spawnings
of
yellowfins and smokeys (hormones only), but haven't had alot of luck with

them yet. This year!!!

Anyway, check out our newsletter. One is about the pygmy madtoms. <A
HREF="http://www.conservationfisheries.org/newsletter.htm">Newsletter
CFI</A>

You're doing a great job out there! Keep it up!

J.R.