Re: NFC: Re: Kinda OT...Book Question

Magazine Article: "Creating a natural aquarium", by Peter Hiscock, ISBN
1-903098-11-4. Cover depicts a frame of hand drawn images surrounding a
black box that shows the book title, in green, a small descriptive
paragraph, a photo of a fish tank and the author's name. Price: 7.99 (UK,
can't do the L with the line through on my keyboard, pounds I think)

Amazon: "Creating a natural aquarium", by Gina Sanford, ISBN 0764561413.
Cover depicts a frame of hand drawn images (different images then above)
surrounding a black box that shows the book title, in green, a small
descriptive paragraph (same exact paragraph), a photo of a fish tank
(different tank) and no author's name. Price $11.96

I want the book described in the article but am not sure they are the same.

Is there a place to look up ISBN numbers?

Ty

Sometimes, Amazon shows an editor instead of the author.

Also could be an edition difference.

What is the book?

Regards
Mark Barnett

I was looking in a fish magazine from the UK and found an blurb on a book
that seemed interesting. So I went over to Amazon to see if they had the
book. Well, lo and behold, the have the book, but they list a different
author. What's the deal? The book has the same title and appears the same,
except the cover art is slightly (and I do mean slightly) different. Is
this a common practice? Is it the same book? I don't want to order a
completely different book.

Ty