Re: NFC: light bulbs and tannins

On 19 Jan 2001, at 22:12, mdb6850 at tamug_tamu.edu wrote:

> I see a recommendation of using charcoal for clearing up water.
> Can your ordinary backyard barbecue briquettes be used as filter
> carbon? Should they be crumbled first and what are the opinions
> on application in saltwater tanks?
> Matt

I prefer to make my own charcoal by burning logs.  If you can get a
bunch of coconut shells you can burn them and make an excellent
carbon.

(Just kidding, folks)

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk,
my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if
I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem
quite so funny.