From: "The Laubensteins" <mbjstein at win_bright.net>
To: <President at nativefish_org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:13:48 -0600
Subject: Native fish advice?

I recently sold my home and, as a sane individual, gave away my tropical fish rather than be forced to do a one day relocation.  It wasn't that big of a sacrifice, I had one large angel and two Chinese algae eaters.  While contemplating the future of my aquarium I came across your article at http://www.aquariacentral.com/articles/natives.shtml .
    What a wonderful idea!  The home I purchased is on the northeast corner of Lake Tainter, a 1700 acre "wide spot" in the Red Cedar River just north of Menomonie, Wisconsin.  How do I start?  What permits do I need to keep native fish?  What fish need help?  What can I do in addition to making my aquarium available to a few fish?

Oh, the aquarium is a 90 gallon Oceanic with 2 daisy-changed Fluval 404 canisters.  I know it's overkill for what I had, but I used to breed veiled Oscars and needed the extra filtration.