Re: NFC: PoP Eye help

Hi Stephen
yes, the tetracycline wipes out a broad spectrum of
bacteria, both gram negative and gram positive, as
such the bacteria that do the denitrfying are history.
That is a danger when using any antibiotic. They are
equal opportunity killers.

Draconian=major.

I would do major water changes on the tank,40%,
increase the mechanical filtration and once the
tetracycline has been diluted seed the substrate with
gravel from a functioning tank. you can also swap
filter screens from one in a functioning tank. I would
hope that the water changes would help the popeye
condition. How big of a tank is it?
jake